The History of the brand
Wilier Triestina was founded in a humble workshop on the banks of the Brenta River in Italy, during the summer of 1906.
The company name was derived from the phrase "W l'Italia liberata e redenta", where W stands for "Viva!"
The legendary Italian cyclist Fiorenzo Magni rode Wilier Triestina bikes in his victory in the 1948 Tour of Italy, as well as in his victories in the 1949 and 1950 Tour of Flanders.
At Velodrom, you can find a selection of Wilier Triestina bikes and accessories.
The growth of Wilier Triestina
Wilier Triestina is one of the brands with the longest history in road cycling. The result of its experience in high-level competition, its aim has always been to find the perfect balance between tradition and innovation, always in search of maximum performance and comfort.
The first step in the development of a new model starts with a freehand drawing and ends with the use of the most advanced materials.
Although, the aim is to try to achieve the most developed and efficient bike on the market, Wilier Triestina uses all its know-how to implement its technology across its entire product range.
Wilier Triestina has several families of bicycles, divided into road, gravel and mountain bikes.
Wilier Road Bikes
Wilier Road bikes
This family is the flagship of the brand. Its experience in teams such as the legendary Lampre or currently with Astana, makes this line of bikes a reference in our sector. This family is divided into two categories: Climbing and Aero Road.
Amongst, the climbing bikes we find the following:
Wilier 0 SLR DISC
The Wilier 0 SLR is the top-of-the-range road bike within the brand and in the climbing bike category. This model was launched at the beginning of 2018. This model was conceived with a clear objective: to find the perfect balance between performance, weight and comfort, whilst maintaining a classic-modern aesthetic.
- This model was launched for disc brakes only, integrating all the wiring into the handlebars and the frame of the bike. This makes the Wilier 0 SLR a visually very light model.
- The Wilier 0 SLR bike encapsulates the more complex concepts of lightness and total integration reduced to a simple aesthetic. These are the features that the most demanding cyclists look for in the most technologically advanced racing bikes: ultra-light, hyper-stable, high control at high speeds, high braking performance, electronic drivetrain, high aerodynamics and full cable integration.
- This model can be found in various set-ups suggested by the brand all of them with electronic groupsets, either SHIMANO, SRAM or Campagnolo.
- The price of this model starts at approximately 8000€ (the Frameset is also available separately) which includes handlebars and seatpost (specific for this model). This option will allow us to customise 100% the assembly for the most "sybaritic" cyclists. The price of the frameset is 5000€.
Wilier 0 SL DISC
The little sister of the Wilier 0 SLR disc. This model appeared a year later with a clear objective: to reach a wider public, but without losing the essence of its "big sister".
- The frame base is exactly the same, sharing the same mould in both models. The carbon, despite being a high performance carbon, is somewhat lower than that of the SLR. Therefore, the SL will be somewhat heavier, both because of the carbon and the resins used.
- The big difference between these two models is in the handlebars. While one is fully integrated, the Wilier 0 SL uses a handlebar with hidden cables, but in two parts: handlebar and stem. This makes biomechanical adjustment somewhat easier, as only the stem needs to be changed, however comes with the penalty of losing some stiffness and gaining some weight.
- This model can be found in various configurations, both with mechanical and electronic groupsets.
- The price of the Wilier 0 SL Disc starts at 4500€.
Este modelo es una de las novedades destacadas para la temporada 2021/22. Este modelo es la entrada a Wilier. La Garda la podemos encontrar en versión de no disco (solo con grupos mecánicos) y discos (tanto en versión de grupos mecánicos como electrónicos)
- Este modelo se aprovecha de los conocimientos adquiridos en las gamas superiores, y pese a ser una bicicleta de menor coste, está diseñada para garantizar que el ciclista la pueda exprimir al máximo, y batir sus tiempos en los puertos de montaña.
- A parte de la eficiencia en el pedaleo, la estética de la GARDA ha sido muy cuidada, ocultando el cableado en el manillar y cuadro al igual que su hermana SL 0 Disc.
- Podemos encontrar una Garda a partir de los 2800€.
This model is one of the new highlights for the 2021/22 season. This is the entry model to Wilier. The Garda is available in a non-disc version (only with mechanical groupsets) and discs (both mechanical and electronic groupsets).
- This model takes advantage of the knowledge acquired in the higher ranges, and despite being a lower cost bike, it is designed to ensure that the rider can get the most out of it and beat their times on the mountain passes.
- Apart from pedalling efficiency, the aesthetics of the GARDA have been very carefully considered, hiding the cabling in the handlebars and frame just like its sister SL 0 Disc.
- We can find a Garda from 2800€.
On the other hand, once we have seen the climbing models, we move on to the Aero road models of the Italian brand.
Wilier Filante SLR
The Wilier Filante SLR is the natural evolution of its predecessor, the Cento10PRO, and the top-of-the-range aero bike used by the ASTANA World Tour team.
- For this new model, Wilier has created an extremely lightweight, aerodynamic bike with an absolutely incredible stiffness-to-weight ratio. In the FILANTE SLR model, Wilier Triestina has taken the knowledge gained from the 0 SLR Disc and improved on the weaknesses of its predecessor, the Cento10PRO.
- Wilier Triestina has used the same materials and technology they used in the construction of the Wilier 0 SLR bike. The result is a brutally aerodynamic frame, which perfectly complements the climbing bikes used by the Astana Pro Team riders.
- This model, like the 0 SLR Disc, is only available in a disc version. It features total integration hiding the cables completely in the handlebars and in the frame.
- This model can be found in various set-ups suggested by the brand all of them with electronic groupsets, either SHIMANO, SRAM or Campagnolo. The price of this model starts at approximately €8400.
- Also available is the frameset, which includes handlebars and seatpost (specific for this model). This option will allow us to customise 100% the assembly for the most "sybaritic" cyclists. The price of the frameset is 5000€.
Wilier CENTO10 SL DISC
The little sister of the Wilier Filante SLR disc. This model appeared a year later with a clear objective: to reach a wider public, but without losing the essence of its "big sister".
- The base frame of the Cento10 SL is inherited from the previous model of the FILANTE SLR, the CENTO10 PRO. The carbon, despite being a high performance carbon, is somewhat lower than that used in the SLR frames. Therefore, the SL is somewhat heavier, both because of the carbon and the resins used.
- The Wilier CENTO10 SL uses a handlebar with hidden cables, but in two parts: handlebar and stem. This makes biomechanical adjustment a little easier, as only the stem needs to be changed, with the penalty of losing some stiffness and increasing weight.
- This model can be found in various configurations, both with mechanical and electronic groupsets. The price of the Wilier 0 SL Disc starts at 3400€.
Gravel: the big bet of Wilier Triestina
Gravel is constantly growing and evolving, and WILIER TRIESTINA is aware of this. That's why they join the new cycling modality that makes you discover beyond the roads. Wilier presents to gravel two models that will make you enjoy the new modality.
A few years ago the Italian brand launched its first gravel specific model, the WILIER TRIESTINA JENA. Under the slogan FREE TO CHOOSE, WILIER TRIESTINA wanted to get closer to the more adventurous public.
- The JENA bike, totally developed for the gravel modality, offers a rather relaxed geometry with a rather high STACK, allowing the cyclist to easily reach the lower part of the handlebars. It also features a rather short REACH so that we can easily reach the controls without forcing the back.
- The function of the WILIER JENA model is none other than to make the cyclist enjoy anything from a short ride close to home, to an adventure trip combining asphalt and gravel, without compromising on comfort and always looking for maximum pedalling efficiency.
- The price of this model starts at 3700€. We can find it in assemblies with mechanical or electronic groupsets.
Wilier RAVE SLR
At the end of 2021, WILIER TRIESTINA surprised us all with the launch of a new gravel model, the WILIER RAVE SLR. After several months of hard work and development, the Italian brand presented us with a bike that is really similar to its road bike sister, the ultra-light WILIER 0 SLR DISC. The frame of the WILIER RAVE SLR is practically identical to the 0 SLR DISC, changing certain points to make it one of the lightest and most versatile gravel bikes on the market.
- For WILIER TRIESTINA, the quality of the product is very important. The RAVE SLR bike is proof of this. Manufactured with the best quality carbon, this top of the range Gravel model has achieved a truly incredibly low weight for a Gravel bike, reaching almost 7.5kg with pedals included.
- In this model a lot of work has been done on the geometry, relaxing the frame geometries, increasing the STACK, and shortening the REACH, to make a more relaxed bike than its sister, the 0 SLR DISC.
- The new RAVE SLR bike has a total integration of the wiring, making the bike very clean to the eye.
- In order to suit any type of rider, the RAVE SLR has two handlebar options: the 0 Bar, and the J Bar. The 0 Bar handlebar is available with 2x groupsets, and the J Bar on 1x drivetrains. The J Bar handlebar has a higher STACK, which will make for a more relaxed ride.
- With a wheel size of up to 700x42, we dare say that the WILIER RAVE SLR is one of the most complete bikes on the market, and we are sure it will become a benchmark in the gravel and all-road sector.
- The RAVE SLR bike can be found in assemblies from around 8000€, or for 5000€ as a frameset.
Mountain Bike: another gap for Wilier Triestina.
This latest generation Wilier mountain bike model has surprised everyone. At the end of 2021, and due to the demands of the mountain bike market, Wilier Triestina surprised us with the URTA SLR.
- The URTA SLR is a top level bike. Designed to provide a cross-country cycling experience, it makes riding through the most technical areas easier, thanks to its new geometry, combined with an avant-garde design.
- The frame has been designed to achieve extremely high levels of traction and stability. Thanks to its reliability and efficiency, we are convinced that this model will become a benchmark model among bikers looking for maximum performance on XCO/XCM courses.
- WILIER TRIESTINA's DNA is the competition, aware of them for 2022, the Italian brand together with PIRELLI, have created one of the most powerful XCM teams in the world.
- With the clear objective of bringing Made in Italy excellence, to the forefront of mountain bike world.
- The Wilier Triestina - Pirelli project brings together two companies that represent Italian excellence within the cycling sector to create much more than a team. A dream that will take Italy to the top of the podium in the rankings of international MTB races, both cross country and long distance.
- The URTA SLR bike can be found equipped with FOX or Rock Shox, and SHIMANO or SRAM drivetrains.
- The price of this model starts at 6000€.
Wilier. Yes or No?
After seeing all the models in the different specialities offered by Wilier, we can see that history has borne fruit in this very special brand harvested in Italy. Always using the best components and materials make their bikes top of the range and we can see them being used by the most pro.
You will be able to enjoy all these models both in VELODROM Barcelona and VELODROM Girona.