Bicycle Rental Terms and Conditions
All bike hire bookings with Velodrom Travel are subject to the following Terms and Conditions
- Bicycle from 70 euros per day.
- There is a group discount of 10%, defined as a group of 4 or more people for 4 or more days.
What is included:
- The booking includes the rental bike plus, pedals (Look, Shimano SPD-SL or SPD-XC), a saddle bag with a spare inner tube, tyre levers, a mini-tool, a Co2 cartridge and GPS holder of your choice (Garmin or Wahoo).
- Your rental bike will be fully checked by our experienced mechanics before your arrival.
- Co2 cartridges, water bottles, extra inner tubes, tubeless repair kits and patches can be purchased from our shop.
- Your booking is confirmed when the booking is paid in full without the security deposit.
- The remainder of the booking must be paid at least 30 days before the scheduled start date.
- Payment can be made by bank transfer or through our secure online booking system. We can also invoice your booking.
Pick up, drop off and booking period:
- We are open from 10:30am to 1:30pm and 4:30pm to 8:30pm Monday to Saturday, your bike will be ready on the day of your rental.
- One day rental is from 10:30 am to 7:00 pm, NOT 24 hours.
- Bicycles not returned by 19:00 hours or by the hour booked will be charged a 30 euro late fee. This allows us to pay our mechanic(s) after hours to prepare the bike for the next day's rental. We do not offer hourly or half day rentals.
- If you are not going to be back by 19:00 in the evening, please call us to let us know, as our staff will look after you and we can make contingency plans.
- If you wish, and subject to availability, you can collect your bike the evening before the rental start date.
Cancellations and refunds:
- If a booking is cancelled 60 or more days before the scheduled start date, we will refund the full cost of the booking.
- If you cancel between 59 and 30 days before your booking, we will refund 75% of the total cost of the booking.
- If you cancel between 29 and 15 days before your booking, we will refund 50% of the total cost of your booking.
- If you cancel between 14 and 72 hours before your booking, we will refund 25% of the total cost of your booking.
- No refunds are offered for a cancellation within 72 hours prior to the start date of the booking.
- However, for all cancellations, we may retain your money for a future booking.
- The bike rental contract is a standard legal document that protects us in the event of theft or damage to the bike.
- It must be signed by all customers every time a bike is rented from Velodrom Travel.
- You can read our bike rental waiver here and ask us any questions if you are unsure.
- If you have any problems during the rental period, please let us know as soon as possible and we will do what we can to help you. This could be a repair on the spot, a replacement or a refund.
- The 30 Euro late fee will be waived in the event of a major mechanical problem, i.e. other than a puncture.
- If we consider the problem to be our fault, we will offer you a full refund for the days lost.
Lost, stolen or damaged bikes:
- When you book with Velodrom Travel, we will take a security deposit at the shop or online booking which will be refunded to you if the bike is not stolen or damaged.
- However, in the event of damage, you will be charged for the cost of replacement parts. No lost rental days, no retail price and no labour. All we charge is the actual cost of the replacement part(s).
- We strongly recommend that you ensure that your travel insurance covers damage and theft of your bike.
- Velodrom Girona shop phone +0034 872 00 16 88
- Velodrom Barcelona shop phone +0034 937 68 23 73
- Velodrom Travel mobile phone +0034 660 59 50 57
- Taxi (English speaking) +0034 666 43 11 48 (Salva)
- Hospital +0034 972 94 02 00
- If you have any questions not covered here, please do not hesitate to contact the team at email@example.com
- In case of disagreement, we will refer to these terms and conditions and the manager's decision will be final.