The Italian Job - Dolomitic Alps
Discover the Dolomites with Velodrom
At Velodrom, we have a desire to share the most unique and inspiring cycling experiences with you. The Dolomites are said to be the one of the most beautiful playgrounds for outdoor adventurers. The Italian Job is our cycling experience which will take you through challenging, breathtaking terrain and scenery, encompassing some of Italy's greatest climbs. The Italian Job is not a competitive race, yet rather is a way to share the passion for beautiful bikes, amazing mountain rides, and the best of cycling culture. We will take care of everything: transport, feeding stations, mechanical assistance, luxury 4* and 5* hotels, and whatever you will need.
We are fully convinced that the Italian Orts Alps and the Dolomites are some of the most beautiful places to ride in the world. This region of Italy has all the ingredients to make this trip a once in a life experience. From the infamous Passo Dello Stelvio to the spectacular scenery of the Sella Ronda ride, this is a must-do adventure.
Each day you will have the opportunity to challenge and push yourself on the most most iconic climbs you will ever ride: Mortirolo, Gavia, Stelvio, Costalunga, Marmolada, Pordoi, Sella, Gardena, Valparola, Giau, Tre Cime Di lavaredo and Falzarego
- Because you will experience a warm welcome and the best atmosphere.
- Because our tours are designed with 1 or 2 hotels throughout the trip with or without a transition stage. You won't have to be changing hotels every day.
- Because we offer the best rental bikes in the market.
- Our ratio of 1 staff for every 4 clients will ensure that you are always accompanied with great service.
- Because our feed stations are the best of the best! Offering local, healthy and freshly prepared food, differing daily. We will ensure your rides are fuelled correctly and allow you to recover fully.
DATES AND PRICES
- Prices: From 2899€
- Dates: 23th - 29th of July 2024.
- Start/End: Trip start from Milan Malpensa Airport / Trip end Venecia Marco Polo Airport.
- Duration of the trip: 7 days / 6 nights / 6 Stages
- Stats: 570km - 16420m
- Rider Type: Avid intermediate level
- Hotels: Baitia del Pini (Bormio) - Sporthotel Europa (Alleghe)
- Bike Rental Option: Aurum Magma with Sram Force AXS and disc brakes (limited availability) + 380 eur
- Route Preparation: Precise cue sheets, elevation profiles, and complete route maps distributed in advance of trips.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Transfers: All transportation from the origin Airport (Milan Malpensa) until the end Airport (Venice Marco Polo). All internal transportation if needed.
- All accommodations + All breakfasts + Picnic Lunches during rides + All Dinners + Italian Aperitivos.
- Soigneur services with 2x30 mins sports massages included in the price of the trip.
- 1 Laundry service included only for cycling clothing.
- Welcome Pack including a Scicon rain bag, event T-Shirt, Cap, and a full Velodrom Cycling Kit worth over 600€.
- Support Vehicles and mechanical assistance during the trip.
- 2 x Feeding Stations during each stage.
- 2 different riding group levels to cater to different cycling abilities.
- Staff ratio 1 staff x 4 clients (1 riding guide every 8 riders).
- Photography of the event thanks to Tour Pics.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Staff Gratuities
- Travel insurance.
- Additional personal photo expenses.
- Hotel alcoholic drinks.
STAGE 1 - The 3 Pigs
The start of our trip is not made for the faint-hearted. The '3 pigs' is a Velodrom Classic which takes on 3 major peaks in one ride in different parts of the world, and in this case, it's here in the Italian Alps.
The Mortirolo is considered one of the hardest climbs of the Grand Tours, averaging 10,5% for 13km. After the summit, we will head to Ponte di Legno where you will face the second challenge of the day: Passo Di Gavia. A ramp of 17 strenuous kilometres taking you to height of over 2700 meters of Altitude.
STAGE 2 - Kill Stelvio
Today is one of our preferred stages: Kill Stelvio. You will need to tackle both faces of the giant of the Alps. We will start the climb heading towards the Passo Umbrail, the highest road of Switzerland tipping in at just over 2500 meters of altitude.
Depending on your mission, you will need to start the descend towards Switzerland, across the Italian border again, and go face to face with giant of the giants: Passo Stelvio. This is a must do experience in the world of cycling!
STAGE 3 - Costalunga + Marmolada
Transition stage towards the Dolomites mountains. After a small transfer by vehicles, we will ride up the Costalunga pass, venturing along the edge of the spectacular turquoise waters of the Lago di Carezza. Following this we climb up the famous Passo Fedaia, taking in vistas of the spectacular Marmolada Glacier.
STAGE 4 - Sella Ronda
One of the classic loops around the Gruppo di Sella mountain range, it is one of the most spectacular cycling routes in Europe. From our hotel in Alleghe, we’ll head over the Passo Pordoi, Passo Sella and the Passo Gardena to Corvara. From Corvara, our final climb is the Passo Valparola, before the long descent to Alleghe. Prepare to see one of the most breathtaking views of your life.
STAGE 5 - The Queen Stage
This is one of the classic loops around the Gruppo di Sella mountain range, it is one of the most spectacular bike rides in Europe.
From our hotel in Alleghe, we’ll head over the Passo Pordoi, Passo Sella, and the Passo Gardena to Corvara. From Corvara, our final climb is the Passo Valparola, before the long descent to Alleghe. Prepare to experience one of the most breathtaking sceneries of your life.
STAGE 6 - The Night Ride
The last day of the trip and probably one of the most exciting ones. We will wake up before the sunrise, and we will ride in the dark towards the Passo Fedaia - Marmolada. It is a unique experience to climb this famous pass in the dark with only a front/rear light. Catch the first rays of the sunlight and capture the best possible photos of yourself during the trip.
Congratulations, you have completed The Italian Job!
BAITA DEL PINI
Bormio, Italy. The Baita dei Pini well represents its four stars and commitment to creating a relaxing stay with notable hospitality. The hotel has a well-equipped spa and offers excellent cuisine. There are spaces inside and out to enjoy the flowers, views of the mountains, and the traditional style of classic Italian vacations.
Allegue, Italy. This family owned hotel is located in the heart of the village of Alleghe next to a glaciar Lake. Sporthotel Europa is a special place, with incredible attention to detail and comfortable rooms decorated in the regional style. The wellness center offers a full range of spa treatments and guarantees your stay will be relaxing and rejuvenating.
¿WANT TO JOIN OUR UPCOMING TOURS?
Feel free to contact us through our email firstname.lastname@example.org or reserve your spot for 2024 trip through the following link: