The French Job - French Alps
Discover the French Alps with Velodrom
The French Alps is one of the most impressive and majestic places in the world for cycling. This mountainous area offers all the aspects to make this trip a once in a lifetime experience. From the grandiose Col Alpe d'Huez to the incredible landscapes of the Col de la Croix de Fer, this is a feat you should take part in at least once in your life. The French Job is not a competitive race, yet rather is a way to share the passion for beautiful bikes, amazing mountain rides, and the best of cycling culture. We will take care of everything: transport, feeding stations, mechanical assistance, luxury 4* and 5* hotels, and whatever you will need.
The Cols we will face on this tour are some of the most extraordinary you will ever cross: Col De Sarenne, Col de Oz-en-Oisans, Col Alpe D'Huez, Col du Galibier, Col du Granon, Col du Glandon, Col de la Croix de Fer, Col de Chaussy, Lacets de Montvernier and the Col de la Madeleine.
- Because you will experience a warm welcome and the best atmosphere.
- Because our tours are designed with 2 or 3 hotels throughout the trip with or without a transition stage. You won't have to be changing hotels every day.
- Because we offer the best rental bikes in the market.
- Our ratio of 1 staff for every 4 clients will ensure that you are always accompanied with great service.
- Because our feed stations are the best of the best! Offering local, healthy and freshly prepared food, differing daily. We will ensure your rides are fuelled correctly and allow you to recover fully.
DATES AND PRICES
- Prices: From 2899€
- Dates: 16th - 22nd of July 2023.
- Start/End: Trip start from Geneva Airport / Trip end Geneva Airport.
- Duration of the trip: 7 days / 6 nights / 6 Stages
- Stats: 569km - 18230m
- Rider Type: Avid intermediate level
- Hotels: Les Cèdres Hôtel (Saint Sorlin d’Arves) - Hôtel Les Grandes Rousses (l'Alpe Huez) - Rock Noir Hôtel & Spa (La Salle-les-Alpes)
- Bike Rental Option: Aurum Magma with Sram Force AXS and disc brakes (limited availability) + 380 eur
- Route Preparation: Precise cue sheets, elevation profiles, and complete route maps distributed in advance of trips.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Transfers: All transportation from the origin Geneva Airport until the end Geneva Airport and all internal transportation if needed.
- All accommodations + All breakfasts + Picnic Lunches during rides + All Dinners.
- Soigneur services with 2x30 mins sports massages included in the price of the trip.
- 1 Laundry service included only for cycling clothing.
- Welcome Pack including a Scicon rain bag, event T-Shirt and a full Velodrom Cycling Kit worth over 600€.
- Support Vehicles and mechanical assistance during the trip.
- 2 x Feeding Stations during each stage.
- 2 different riding group levels to cater to different cycling abilities.
- Staff ratio 1 staff x 4 clients (1 riding guide every 8 riders).
- Photography of the event thanks to Tour Pics.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Staff Gratuities
- Travel insurance.
- Additional personal photo expenses.
- Hotel alcoholic drinks.
STAGE 1 - First Day
The start of our trip is not made for the faint-hearted.
Two big climbs awaits us, but first one of the most scenic climbs in the French Alps, the famous Lacets de Montvernier, after that we gonna climb the Col de la Madeleine, we gonna mostly reach the 2k altitude mark, but not yet, 180 degree turn at the top and we will go to deal with Col du Glandon and then turn to left and go to the Col de la Croix de Fer our first 2k altitude climb of the job. After 3km of downhill a well deserved rest will await us.
STAGE 2 - Transfer Day through Big Mountains
The first transfer day, we are moving to the another side of the mountain, through two big climbs, Col du Télégraphe and Col du Galibier to descent down to near of Le Bourg d'Oisans to climb the Col de Sarenne up to Huez where gonna sleep. All your luggage will travel safely in one of our support vans.
STAGE 3 - l'Alpe d'Huez
After a good altitude sleep, we gonna head to descent the climb that we yesterday climbed, ride through an impressive balcony roads with the valley in our feet, slowly descent the last kilometer of our main dish for today, arrive to the bottom, 180 degree turn a up directly to the accomplish the insane Alpe d'Huez. There will be extra points for the one who will reach the top lake called Lac Besson.
STAGE 4 - Transfer Day
Easy day today, we moving again to La Salle-les-Alpes, before the final stages, we gonna descent from l'Alpe d'Huez to a long and slow gradient climb to move our legs easy.
STAGE 5 - The Queen Stage
This is not one of the classic loops around the French Alps mountain range, but it is one of the most spectacular bike rides in Europe.
From our hotel in La Salle-les-Alpes (near Briançon), we’ll head over the Col de l'Echelle to Susa. From Susa, we gonna start our main climb, the Colle delle Finestre and two "small climbs", Colle del Sestriere and Col de Montgenèvre, we will be back to La Salle-les-Alpes. Prepare to experience one of the most breathtaking sceneries of your life.
STAGE 6 - The Night Ride
The last day of the trip and probably one of the most exciting ones. We will wake up before the sunrise, and we will ride in the dark towards the Col du Granon. It is a unique experience to climb this famous pass in the dark with only a front/rear light. Catch the first rays of the sunlight and capture the best possible photos of yourself during the trip.
Congratulations, you have completed The French Job!
Les Cèdres Hôtel
Saint Sorlin d’Arves, France. Well represents its three stars and commitment to creating a relaxing stay with notable hospitality. The hotel has a well-equipped spa and offers excellent cuisine. There are spaces inside and out to enjoy the flowers, views of the mountains, and the traditional style of classic french vacations.
Hôtel Les Grandes Rousses
Huez, France. Located in the heart of the Alpe d'Huez village with a direct access to the ski lift, the slopes and tracks of hiking. The Hotel Grandes Rousses***** is glad to propose you the most beautiful place on the ski resort, with a true ski-in / ski-out and a panoramic view on the mountains.
Rock Noir Hôtel & Spa
La Salle-les-Alpes, France. Located in the heart of the La Salle-les-Alpes this hotel is the ideal place to enjoy summer in the great outdoors with our breathtaking view of the peaks, blond wood, furs, lava stone and a fireplace as decor for your stay.
¿WANT TO JOIN OUR UPCOMING TOURS?
Feel free to contact us through our email email@example.com or reserve your spot for 2023 trip through the following link: